- Resources for veterans and their families.
- Information for housing counselors on how to help veterans use their benefits.
- Helping military children who’s parent(s) are deployed.
- Providing information and services for veterans with PTSD and TBI’s.
- Helping homeless Veterans
By using the Boots Across America website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
1. Collection of your Personal Information:
In order to better provide you with the products and services on our site, Boots Across America may collect personally identifiable information, including, but not limited to, the following:
- First and Last Name
- E-mail Address
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you fill out a contact form, subscribe to our email list.
2. Use of your Personal Information:
Boots Across America collects and uses your personal information to operate its website and to deliver the services that you have requested.
Boots Across America may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Boots Across America and its affiliates, such as:
- To send you e-mails
- To contact you directly via e-mail or phone.
- To send you marketing notices.
- To provide you with services.
3. Sharing Information with Third Parties:
Boots Across America may share data, such as first and last name and e-mail address with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you e-mail or postal mail, or to provide customer support. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Boots Across America, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Boots Across America may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Boots Across America or the website; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Boots Across America.; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Boots Across America, or the public.
4. Automatically Collected Information:
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Boots Across America. This information can include your IP address(es), browser type, domain names, access time, and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain the quality of the service and to provide general statistics regarding Boots Across America website.
6. Accessing, Updating, or Deleting User Content and Your Personal Information:
You may access, update, or delete your personal information by contacting us at Beverly@BootsAcrossAmerica.org or write us at: 1811 N. Dixie Ave, Suite 104 – PMB #310, Elizabethtown, KY 42701.
We will make good faith efforts to resolve requests to correct inaccurate information except where the request is unreasonable, requires disproportionate technical effort or expense, jeopardizes the privacy of others, or would be impractical.
7. Contact Information and Privacy Questions:
Boots Across America website may use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time.
The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Boots Across America pages, or register with Boots Across America site or services, a cookie helps Boots Across America to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping address, and so on. When you return to Boots Across America website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use Boots Across America features that you have previously customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of Boots Across America services or websites you visit.
Security of your Personal Information:
Boots Across America uses reasonable precautions to secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Boots Across America uses the following methods for this purpose:
- SSL Protocol – When personal information is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
- WordFence Premium Security which provides a Web application firewall and provides us with statistics on how their product is blocking malware and/or attacks.
- Monitoring regular scans of our website Boots Across America for malicious content, URLs, and known activities that have been recognized as vulnerabilities.
As a consumer, you have the right to request that your personal data be deleted from our records or to request what data has already been collected.
For more information please contact us at Beverly@BootsAcrossAmerica.org